Urine Decontamination/Neutralisation Treatment
How do I remove Urine smell/odour from carpet? Good question. It is not an easy process!
Urine is acidic, but once dry, 24-48 hours, it leaves a salt alkaline residue. These salt crystals emanate an ammonia odour in HUMID months, due to moisture trapped. Depending on your 'LEVEL of Tolerance' we can Neutralise & *Remove 70% of KNOWN urine sources & the associated ODOUR + ATTEMPT to lighten the stain. 'SURFACE TREATMENT' uses a Sub Surface tool - This method is truly effective on ODOURS of KNOWN urine sources only. We will TRY to, BUT we CANNOT guarantee to remove urine STAINS.
A 'strong AMMONIA' forms as Urine passes through a bacterial & chemical change. This will usually cause PERMANENT staining due to changing the dye structure of the fibre. You may not be worried about the look of your old urine stains & you do NOT want us to perform any additional treatments, OR you would like us to minimise the odour associated? When you ask us for a quote, please be specific with us as to how far YOU want us to go/, as these type of treatments take time to try to remedy & are costed per job.
Surface treatment OR Below Surface Treatment?
SURFACE treatment procedure - we do NOT lift your carpet
1. Pre Inspect urine affected areas & discuss your treatment options
2. Flood areas with a diluted disinfecting Urine Pre Spray/Odour NEUTRALISER that will counteract & neutralise organic malodours & will break down Alkaline salts.
3. Let this dwell for 5-10 minutes to ensure that the carpet backing & underlay is treated (this is where the heaviest concentration of urine will be)
4. We will then EXTRACT the disinfecting mix/Odour Neutraliser using a specialised extraction tool - 'Water Claw'
5. Finally, when needed we treat area with a mix of Decontaminate (to attack & digest organic sources in the urine) & Deodoriser (to neutralise vaporous odours)
6. Apply a slow release hydrogen peroxide mix to assist in minimizing stains.
'Surface' treatment PLUS 'BELOW/under surface' - involves lifting your carpet is the ONLY way to remove 95% of the odour & to treat ALL sources of urine contamination - procedure
1. Pre Inspect urine affected areas
2. Lift & pull back carpet
3. Treat the carpet backing for odours
4. Cut out, remove & dispose of contaminated underlay
5. Disinfect & deodorise concrete floor
6. Flood areas with a diluted disinfecting Urine Pre Spray/Odour NEUTRALISER that will counteract & neutralise organic malodours & will break down Alkaline salts.
7. Let this dwell for 5-10 minutes to ensure that the carpet backing & underlay is treated (this is where the heaviest concentration of urine will be)
8. We will then EXTRACT the disinfecting mix/Odour Neutraliser using a specialised extraction tool - 'Water Claw'
9. Treat area with a mix of Decontaminate (to attack & digest organic sources in the urine) & Deodoriser (to neutralise vaporous odours)
10. Apply a slow release hydrogen peroxide mix to assist in minimizing stains
11. Install a Dryer/Airmover to assist dry the affected areas
12. FINALLYWhen carpet is dry, approx 2 days, we will return to replace affected underlay & relay your carpet.
WE only perform BELOW Surface treatment if the urine stains are situated in an easy to get to area.
We can only guarantee 95% removal of odour if WE perform ALL steps ourselves.
BOTH methods will take 48-72 hours for interior carpet structure + underlay to dry out completely & for you to see the FULL result of treatment. The Decontaminate will continue to work even when the CARPET FEELS dry.
Urine Decontamination Treatment charges
Minimum charge/*Call out fee From $165 for 1st 30 mins
**Each additional 10 mins = $33
Dryer/Airmover = $66 PER dryer per day
*Call out fee includes 1st 30 mins Assessing & Treating.
**IF we are already performing a DELUXE clean & YOU request urine treatment, you will be charged $33 per 10 minutes of urine treatment.
Additional costs, when performing BELOW Surface Treatment
1. Disposal of old underlay
2. NEW underlay &/or NEW smoothedge (if rotten) installed
3. Carpet/Underlay Relay charge
4. Vacuum OR Re steam clean + reapply antimicrobial decontaminant IF required
This is why we CANNOT give an accurate quote over the phone as we do not know the extent of the urine penetration! or which treatment will need to be performed.
We CANNOT guarantee to remove URINE stains that have been there more than a few days as they MAY have permanently dyed the carpet fibres. We will GUARANTEE to TRY our best!
For further information or to make a booking, please call Barrie or Debbie on 0418 245135 (or 9948 9333 after 4pm).